Simply Handmade Limited Terms and Conditions for window treatments
1. An initial consultation (visits to customer's premises) for the purposes of measuring or advising on window treatments will be charged at a non-refundable rate of £25. Should the customer proceed with the order for goods or services relating to this visit, then this consultation fee will be deducted from the total amount to be paid by the customer.
2. A written quotation for the service required will be provided after the initial consultation.
3. All quotations provided are valid for a period of 28 days from the date of the quote. After that time period, Simply Handmade Limited reserve the right to alter or amend prices.
4. A non-refundable deposit equal to 50% of the work to be carried out plus 100% of any fabric costs is required at the point that the customer accepts the quotation. Receipt of the deposit will constitute acceptance of the quotation by the customer and will form a binding contract.
5. All payments to Simply Handmade Limited should be made in cash, cheque, or BACS payment. All cheques should be made payable to Simply Handmade Limited and all BACS payments should be made to account number 23457160, sort code 30-98-31. Work will not commence until cleared payment for the whole of the deposit is received.
6. The estimate or quotation will usually indicate estimated delivery times (subject to receipt of deposit, clearance of funds and availability of materials). The customer should understand that acceptance of the estimate or quotation also means that the delivery timescale is accepted.
7. If the Client is not willing to accept a quoted delivery timescale, then the customer should not accept the estimate or quotation in it's entirety. Simply Handmade Limited will always endeavour to quote reasonable timescales that should suit the customer.
8. If the customer provides the required measurements, then all items subsequently made will be done so in accordance with them. Simply Handmade Limited can take no responsibility for any mistakes arising from inaccurate measuring by the customer. Such errors may be rectified, but will thus be at an additional cost to the customer.
9. Simply Handmade Limited cannot be held responsible for any materials going out of stock between quotation acceptance and materials purchase. Any monies received with respect to such an order will be refunded.
10. The customer will be notified when the items have been completed and this will be deemed as the completion date. Finished goods will be delivered at an agreed time with the customer within fourteen days of this completion date.
11. The balance of payment will be due on the day of delivery (unless another agreement is arranged). At this point, the customer will be required to check the goods, and sign an acceptance form. The property and ownership of the goods does not pass to the customer until paid for in full with cleared funds.
12. Where the customer supplies the fabric, Simply Handmade Limited cannot be responsible for flaws, faults or inconsistency of pattern. Where possible Simply Handmade Limited will work around such problems but extra work or fabric required to do so will be paid for by the customer. Fabrics should be clearly marked with the right/wrong side and pattern direction.
13. All fabrics chosen should be handled with care. Advice for their suitability for washing / dry cleaning can be sought from the fabric supplier. However, when a combination of fabrics have been used (for example where lined curtains have been made, or where trimmings have been applied) rates of shrinkage between fabrics may differ causing the item in question to be pulled out of shape. Simply Handmade Limited suggests that ALL fabrics be treated as dry clean only unless otherwise stated, and can take no responsibility for any damage occurring to items due to cleaning in the wrong manner. In cases where interlining has been used, even dry cleaning may not be possible, and it is recommended that cleaning is done by means of gentle vacuuming. Simply Handmade Limited will endeavour to match the correct fabric with the customer’s requirements and assess its suitability for the environment in which it will be placed. Simply Handmade Limited can take no responsibility for fabric behaviour once within its intended destination. Any shrinkage due to high humidity, improper cleaning, or any other reason, or damage or mis-shaping arising from mishandling or other improper use will not be the fault of Simply Handmade Limited.
14. Simply Handmade Limited can advise on fixtures and fittings. However, Simply Handmade Limited can take no responsibility for any damage to property during or after the attachment of such fixtures or fittings by the customer or customer’s representative. Roman blinds will be supplied on a cassette header with a right-handed white safety bead chain (unless otherwise agreed) and a suitable safety clip for the lower end of the chain. Should you, the customer, refuse the fitting of safety clips during installation or remove safety clips once fitters leave the clients premises, Simply Handmade Limited takes no responsibility for injury or death as a result. Although Simply Handmade Limited may be able to advise, ultimately it's customer's responsibility to ensure safe fixings and safe conditions for Simply Handmade Limited or it's representatives when on the premises installing window dressings.
15. If the customer wishes to change curtain poles / tracks or other such fittings after precise measurements have been taken by Simply Handmade Limited, then the customer MUST inform Simply Handmade Limited of such a change in writing, and new measurements will need to be taken by Simply Handmade Limited. If any change in dimensions results in extra work being required to ensure the window treatment(s) fit, then a charge will be incurred based upon the current hourly rate. The customer will be advised of this prior to proceeding with any rectification, and will agree in writing to the additional work and charges.
Simply Handmade Limited : Errors and omissions excepted. Registered number : 08028013